Flank Steak Bowl
- Serves: 4
- Prep time: 30 mins
- Cook time: 25 mins
- Method: Grill
800g beef flank steak
1 lime, zested and juiced
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tsp smokey paprika
2 tbsp brown sugar
¼ tsp sea salt
¼ tsp freshly ground pepper
2 corn on the cob
2 jalapeno peppers, seeds and stems removed, sliced thickly
200g cherry tomatoes, sliced into thin rounds
50g feta cheese
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Combine marinade ingredients in a glass dish. Add beef to the marinade and rub all over, cover in cling film and leave for at least 30 minutes. If leaving longer, place in fridge. When ready to cook, allow meat to come to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 180°C and preheat a char grill over high heat. Brush corn and jalapenos in 2 tsp. oil, and cook, turning frequently for 10-15 minutes or until tender, remove and cover in foil, set aside.
- Remove meat from marinade, discarding marinade. Cook steaks for 4 minutes on each side and place in oven for a further 5 minutes for medium. Remove, cover in foil and set aside.
- Brush the tomatoes and kale in remaining oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place on a baking paper lined tray, and roast in oven for 5 minutes.
- Slice steaks and cut kernels from the corn and assemble in a bowl with remaining ingredients.
- Beef rump or stir-fry strips are a good substitute for the flank steak in this recipe.
- Serve with lime wedges and drizzle with hot sauce.
- Marinating the steak for longer will develop a more intense flavour.