Chimichurri Sirloin Steaks with Sweet Potato Wedges
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
- 4 x 250g sirloin steaks
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 cup coriander
- 1 long red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic
- ½ tsp paprika
- Salt and pepper
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, cut in wedges
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 180C. Toss sweet potato in oil and spread on a line baking tray. Cook for 40 minutes until soft and coloured.
- In a food processor add parsley, coriander, chilli, garlic, salt and pepper, olive oil and lime juice. Blend until well combined.
- Cook steaks on a hot grill for 3-4 minutes on each side or cooked to your liking. Take off the heat and leave to rest before topping with chimichurri sauce and serving with the wedges.
- Once cooked on both sides, render the fat on the steak by holding it down with tongs until golden and crispy.
- Scotch fillet steaks would also be delicious in this recipe.