Hanger Steak with Basil Pesto
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
- 400g hanger steak
- Cherry tomatoes on vine
- 2 cups basil
- 1/2 cup olive Oil
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- Season the steak and chargrill on one side for 5 minutes then flip and grill the other side for 3 minutes. Set aside to rest for 5 minutes.
- To make the basil pesto in a food processor blend the basil, pine nuts and parmesan and pulse. Once combined, pour olive oil slowly and finish with salt and pepper to taste.
- Roast tomatoes in oven at 150°C for 10 minutes and season.
- Cut the steak at an angle against the grain for best taste and texture.
- Note the line of the gristle that runs down the centre of the steak.
- Try flank or skirt steak as an alternative to hanger.