Scotch Fillet Steaks with Garlic Butter and Radish Salad
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 8 mins
- 4 x beef scotch fillet steaks
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary leaves
- 2 tsp sea salt flakes
- 90g softened butter
- Small clove garlic, finely crushed
- 1 large Lebanese cucumber
- 6 radishes, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 bunch rocket
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Combine the rosemary, salt, pepper and oil and rub over both sides of the steaks. Preheat grill to hot before adding the steaks.
- Cook on one side and only turn steaks once. Test the steaks for degree of doneness with tongs. Rare is soft, medium feels springy and well done is very firm.
- Combine butter and garlic in a small bowl. Season with freshly ground pepper. Mix with a spatula until smooth and refrigerate until needed.
- Remove steaks from heat, loosely cover with foil and rest steaks for 2 to 4 minutes before serving. Serve steaks with a small dollop of garlic butter and salad.
- For the salad, use a vegetable peeler to the peel the cucumber lengthways. Add to a large bowl with radish and rocket and toss to combine. Whisk oil, vinegar and mustard and dress salad.
- Sirloin or rump steaks would be a tasty alternative to scotch fillet in this recipe.
- Roll the prepared butter in clingwrap and freeze for a short time for perfectly formed disks and restaurant style presentation.