Spiced Rib Eye with Roasted Carrot Salad
- Serves: 4
- Prep time: 15 mins
- Cook time: 30 mins
- Method: Grill
- 2 x 450g rib-eye steaks bone-in
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander seeds
- 1 pinch chilli flakes
- 1 ½ tbsp olive oil
- 2 bunches baby carrots, trimmed
- 2 tsp rosemary leaves
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed
- 100g rocket
- 200ml Greek yoghurt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Rind of 1 lemon
1. Preheat oven to 180C. Mix chilli and spices with 1 tbsp olive oil and rub over beef. Set aside for 30 minutes.
2. Toss carrots in ½ tsp of oil and season with salt and pepper. Place on a baking tray and roast for 30 minutes. Tossing the chickpeas and rosemary through the carrots in the last 10 minutes of cooking. Remove from the oven and mix with rocket.
3. Preheat a pan or grill to high and cook steaks for 5 minutes each side, being careful not to burn the spice mix. Transfer to the oven and cook for 5-7 minutes before resting.
4. Serve the steak one between two and mix the yoghurt, lemon juice and rind and season with salt and pepper serving alongside the steak.