Traditional Bolar Blade Roast
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
- 1.2kg bolar blade roast
- 800g chat potatoes
- 400g frozen peas
- Gravy, to serve
- Season the bolar blade and roast in a 200° Celsius oven for 40 minutes. After set aside to rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Half and season 10 chat potatoes and roast for 40 minutes.
- Steam peas and serve with beef, potatoes and your favourite gravy.
- Carve the roast again the grain to ensure a tender, juicy result.
- Try a rump roast, standing rib roast or scotch fillet roast as an alternative to bolar blade roast.
- The leftover beef can be used in a salad or sandwich the next day.